Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Do What You Love

Another gym membership is now in my possession - which makes my heart happy.    I have been to a few gyms in my life, and all have become a little part of me. I love the community a gym brings, for instance when I was at YMCA pre-Kilimanjaro, I got to know the staff very well and even made a friend out of one of the trainers.   Gyms although sometimes have a bad rep, they are an awesome way to get out of the house without having to spend money (unless your gym happens to be connected to a grocery store, but I've learned to leave my money at home!)


This isn't really a post about gyms, because I'd assume most people know what gyms are like.  But more so a post about finding something that makes you happy.  As we continue on this year we will find ourselves feeling like we are in a rut or at least bored - it's bound to happen at least a few times.  Finding things that make us happy are important and making the time to do those things can sometimes be difficult.  But, I believe in the saying that if you absolutely love something/someone you make time for that thing or person.   

Now that I have a gym membership, because running in the winter is NOT my thing... I can get back into running - which I love to do and once the snow melts and the temperature climbs to a reasonable level, you'll find me running the trails again.   I am trying to make time for this because I love this, I love how I feel before and after and it really keeps me energized - after all I work from home, so getting outside in the real world is wonderful! 

A few other things I have promised myself to do is continue to write, as that is also something that makes me happy and connect with my friends even more.  I think I do a decent job at checking in with friends, but I feel like I could do better.  I want to surround myself with things I love, and people I love.  I want to make time for these things/and people and really make the most of 2017.  

I'd love to hear what makes you happy and what you plan to do in 2017 to make those things happen?

Kayla 

No comments:

Post a Comment