Monday, August 20, 2012

Achieve it!

I came across a quote today by Napoleon Hill, it reads:  'What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.'   I instantly linked that to all of what I have accomplished thus far in my life and reminded me that what I have made of my life is because I dreamt it and pursued it.  It seems that in my case all that I have accomplished was something I thought of then followed to think it was impossible, but tried anyways.  This whole process is what has lead to me completing a two year liberal studies diploma as well as reach 3rd year in a Bachelor of Arts program in University.  Dreams of being a writer, making a difference and being independent - all of these dreams I have made come true.

We all need something to believe in - why not make it ourselves? Even if that little voice in your head says that it is impossible, it is important to listen to that louder voice in your head to know that you can achieve it.  Some things in life we have to work harder on.  Whether that is lowering our a1c or getting better marks in our history class.  Either way, if we have decided it is something we want to do, there is no one stopping you but yourself.

There are a few things on my bucket list that I would love to scratch off.  After turning 22 a couple days ago, I realized that I am proud of myself so far of what I have accomplished when my second life (after being diagnosis) began.  Looking back at what I have done, I have really made some of my dreams come true and I couldn't be more proud of my accomplishments and hope that that drive continues for the next 22 plus.  

I would hope that everyone takes on their dreams and makes them realities.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment