Tuesday, December 27, 2011

More than Any Gift Under the Tree!


It's hard to believe that Christmas has ended, but of course there is one more occasion before it's time to get serious..(for some people!)   This Christmas was a lot different like I had mentioned before, I really didn't travel anywhere and therefore my blood sugars were excellent!  I even had a couple lows (which isn't a good thing, but around Christmas, it makes you feel good about sneaking an extra chocolate or piece of fudge.)

This Christmas I spent time with my family and Vince at my place. As I get older, I begin to realize that as much as it is nice to open presents, it is really nice just to sit around with the family because we all know that those times are limited.  As much as we want everyone in our life to be there forever, reality strikes and you know that every moment you spend with someone is worth more than any gift under the tree.

Everything went well as far as diabetes wise, but that could have been due to the steady flow of wine that Vince had brought for everyone.  The only complication was when my site ripped out as I was getting ready to hop in the hot tub! But, of course I have had my site rip out before and in worse conditions, so it was all good.  It was also some how the first time that Vince had seen me have to put in a site with the new Mio (you just push the two buttons and it shoots into your skin by itself; rather than, having to do it yourself.)  I got Vince to give it a try, he held it to my skin and I re-advised him to put it higher and before I knew it he was pressing the button.  

I have had a couple people try putting the site in for me, I don't think there would ever be a time where I wouldn't be able to do it myself, but I think it is important for those around you to understand how it works and maybe be less worried when you are doing it in front of them. "Are you sure you're doing it right?" "Ah, I can't watch!"

So with a new site in after a nice relaxing day, I was ready to go to bed! Now it's been two days past Christmas and I can hardly believe how time is just flying by and how much snow has landed on the ground outside.   Time to prepare for the next occasion, 2012! 

Kayla 

No comments:

Post a Comment