Sunday, October 16, 2011

Becoming Diabetic


It's mid October and I haven't wrote in awhile.  I don't really think it is because I have had nothing to say because let's face it, living with diabetes is part of living an eventful life. I have just been busy with school and I guess, a social life that I haven't been able to sit down and really press out my thoughts on the blog.  I feel in a way I have left a few people hanging, so I am going to try my hardest to keep on this.

My life with diabetes has been a little slacking. I am finding it harder and harder to be on the ball with my diabetes with everything else that is going on around me.  Thankfully the people in my life remind me daily of what diabetes entails and what I should do.   I have found myself what I like to think the guy I was looking for in my diabetes ad and so far he has been putting up with all the requirements to be a Type 3 Diabetic.

This kind of leads me to think that when you meet a diabetic in some way the non-diabetic must feel like they have themselves become diabetic in a sense.  The whole idea of keeping up to date with blood sugars and making sure that the unprepared diabetic is okay when the meter is lost or the pump rips out.   Vince even had a dream the other day he said, that he had a pump.   He laughed when he told me that in his dream he knew exactly how to use it and that he carried it on his arm like one of those iPod holders for the gym.  Somehow I have turned him diabetic!

Diabetes isn't just a disease for one person. It takes a lot of learning from people around you and the relationship you share with them is a little different than most.   For me, I have developed a lot of great relationships with people over the time that I have diabetes and even though some of those people are no longer in my life; I know that those who care about you take your disease into consideration 100% and I have been lucky enough to find all of those type of people!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment