Wednesday, October 26, 2011

7000!


Last night my blog reached 7000 individual views! I was really surprised at how fast it approached 7000 within an hour about 64 people read it making it hit 7000 around 11:30 p.m.    Now, an extra 50 have read it!  I guess I am still wrapping my head around the idea that people enjoy what I write and that writing about living with diabetes isn't just for diabetics, somehow I have managed to attract non-diabetics! Are these people envious that they don't have diabetes? Who wouldn't be?

For the past 2.5 years I have talked about everything there is to know about diabetes and how I deal with the big D.  It's not always easy, but it isn't that bad! There are so many type 1's out there that are doing the same daily routine as me and that very thought gives me the strength and courage to know that I can get by each day despite having diabetes.

Living with diabetes has become a part of my life as much as school and other things have.  I have had some pretty big changes occur in the past 2.5 years like moving away from home, going to college and then to University and even a break up of a long term relationship.  All of these changes have sent my life in different directions and despite that I have managed to come out smiling every single time.

I am proud of myself and it feels good to admit it.   I am proud that I have created this blog and that so many people have benefited from it. I am also proud of what I have achieved academically at Fanshawe and now at Western.  I think I am in still in shock that I am a Western student to begin with - I don't think I ever thought I would come so far.  I am proud of all the friends I have made and all of the life lessons I have learned! I am just proud!

I also want to give a big thank you to everyone who follows and reads my blog.  Without readers I wouldn't have kept this up.  With all kinds of positive comments and feedback I have managed to stick to this.

Thank you!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment