Thursday, July 14, 2011

CDA Golf Tournament


Motivational speaking, who knew that I would be apart of that!  Never in a million years would I think I would be standing in front a group of people speaking about how diabetes has changed my life.  But, I also would have never imagined being diagnosed with any kind of disease!

Today was the CDA Golf Tournament in Burford.  After the tournament was done the 65 golfers headed inside for a nice steak dinner, auction and door prizes. Also within that I was up for speaking.  I had my powerpoint on hand and told my story of living with diabetes (something I make up on the spot because I live it!)  No papers or scripts needed - diabetes is with me everyday I have LOTS to say about it!

The speech went really well and I was so excited to share my story with everyone and hear all the positive feedback afterwards.  I am looking forward to doing more events with the CDA and hope that I have touched a few lives in the process.

Kayla

1 comment:

  1. This is a good common sense Blog. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me.

    ReplyDelete