Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Home Again

I'd like to say that now it's time to get back to the real world, but I would be lying. I am leaving for Mexico on Saturday, so this is far from reality! Two amazing trips in two weeks - why not! This past week in Aspen was great - super relaxing and refreshing.  I think that Michelle and I both can agree that what we got from the trip is that we should take more time in our daily lives to take care of ourselves.  Taking time for yourself is important not selfish.

Overall my blood sugars weren't any different than usual. Only one low for the entire week (which is typical). As far as meters/pump screwing up because of the crazy altitude - that never happened. My pump and meter were working just fine the entire trip and the only time I had to make adjustments was for the two hour time difference.

Speaking of time difference - it's funny to see how your body becomes so used to specific 'meal' times.  Because of the two hour difference I found myself hungry for lunch at 10 a.m and eager to eat dinner at 3 p.m.      Either way the blood sugars stayed under control and I didn't have too much of a difficulty carb counting etc.

So, now it is time to prepare for trip #2, or #3 if you count Ottawa.  I have been living out of a suitcase this month, but I guess it's not much of a change from the rest of the year - coming home from college every weekend to watch hockey games.  I am excited to go to a warmer destination this time and enjoy free meals and drinks and lay by the pool/ocean and get a nice tan!

Either way, May has been a great month!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment