Saturday, March 12, 2011

Friendship


Throughout our lives we find people that we instantly connect with. We establish friendships at all different points in our lives and some of those friendships fade while others stick together. In my almost 21 years of living I have had many best friends and with that some have faded while others are still going strong.

Certain people play different roles in your life and just because something doesn't work out doesn't mean it was a waste of time. I have learned a lot from my past friendships. In the past two years I have met so many wonderful people and have established so many different relationships with people literally from all across Canada.

Connected in Motion has been a huge support system for me and as I reflect back on the past two years I can't even begin to explain how thankful I am for that group. The men and women I have met within that group are people that are extremely smart, talented, adventurous and experienced. They have so many great stories and are the nicest people I have ever met in my entire life.

Beyond Connected in Motion I have a great friendship with my friend Michelle. Everyone knows Michelle, I talk about her a lot and if you have been to any of the events she has been there too. She is honestly one of the most positive people in my life, she is always complimenting and encouraging me and I cannot have asked for a better best friend. I have known Michelle for almost 4 years now and she has always been a great friend, but after being diagnosed she really stepped up and showed how much of a unconditional friend she really is.

Of course my boyfriend Clinton has also been there from day one. He could have easily given up on me, but he has stuck by my side. We are a long distance couple - nearly 200 km away from each other, yet he is still able to be there for me when I need him even if that's a Skype video or phone call. When I look back on my notes I realize how great of a support he has been for me and a positive influence.

There are so many people that have been a part of my success as a diabetic. So many family members have truly been awesome and I know that I can turn to them for anything. I am such a lucky girl to have such a great support team.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment