Saturday, March 5, 2011

Blogging


I am pretty proud of myself for keeping my blog for so long, sometimes I pick a random day and reflect on it. I really think about how I must have felt at that time, how complicated it had seemed at the time and how I can recovered from it all.

This blog means a lot to me and I know that it has been helpful to a lot of people from all the comments/messages I get from people. I love being able to give back because before diabetes I really didn't feel like I gave back much.

Diabetes has allowed me to speak about something, to reflect about something and not be ashamed. We are all interesting people, diabetes or not, but most people don't feel this way. I didn't feel this way before I was diagnosed - I didn't think that what I was doing was important, but really I did not do that much.

I have so many stories now to share and each day it gets better and better. I am always thinking of new things to do, see and try. There are so many things out there that are enjoyed by others that many of us miss out on.

Being able to reflect and share these things allows me to get even more out of the experiences. Reflecting these past two years has been awesome and I am glad that I decided to do this and will commit to doing it for hopefully the rest of my life.

I am glad I have a crowd to enjoy my writing and to share my stories with.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment