Thursday, January 6, 2011

Teenage Heartbreak


In my unravelling youth class we talked about the things that were the best and worst part of being an adolescent. It really made me think about what possibly could have been the ultimate best thing and ultimate worst thing. For my assignment I decided not to focus into particulars; rather, a general outlook of my best/worst times.

For me, my adolescents wasn't really that great and I think many people can agree. It's like the whole prom idea - we build up these things so much that when they come around we are expecting more than it could ever possibly bring. For me, I had a lot of difficulties finding what I wanted and what I needed. I never felt good at anything I ever did and still to this day I find it hard to pin point my strengths to a tee.

Despite at times feeling like the world was going to end because of a stupid fight or break up, I can look back now and think, "wow, that really made me who I am." Not to say that the stupid fights made me believe in stupid things and fight for stupid things, but from those heartaches I really grew up.

Now as I was exiting adolescence my life came to a bigger halt than when I entered it. This was when I was diagnosed right at eighteen going on nineteen. I could see the stairs up to adulthood, but before I could take my first step I was given one more challenge. This challenge made me grow up and look at all the problems that I had previously went through and know that all of those combined is going to help me get through this.

Yes, I was going to have to be hospitalized, I was going to have to learn how to give myself a needle, and I was going to have to get used to seeing my own blood at least four times a day. But, I can safely say that my adolescence prepared me for this. Somehow I was able to stay strong and remain faithful that I can get through this - I can get through anything.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment