Sunday, July 11, 2010

Options


Now that the pump is in my possession I cannot help, but wonder what it is going to be like having it attached to me 24/7. I think that that is the biggest concern I have with having an insulin pump. I honestly have no idea if I am going to enjoy it. I have had sites in me, but they were never attached to a pump.

I have tried to put my pump in various places to get an idea of where I would most feel comfortable wearing it. It is not attached to tubing as of right now, so I cannot 100% know what it is going to be like. I found that it is pretty easy to use the clip and attach it to the center of my bra. Looking at me you would have no idea that I had a pump in my bra; however, I could feel it there.

I also tried clipping it to the side of my shorts. It feels almost too heavy and bulky to sit there, so I am not sure if that is just something I will get used too or if putting it there isn't a good option. Another thing I have tried is just putting it in my pocket. Depending on what shorts/pants I am wearing this is a possibility; however, a lot of the pants/shorts I wear have smaller pockets.

I think that wearing it in my bra will be my best bet. I know that working at the daycare I want to make sure the kids cannot pull on my tubing. It will be interesting to see what it is like working with them and having a site on because the toddlers are constantly jumping on me.

I am going to give the insulin pump a chance. This is why I took the time to do the classes and do online pump school. I have been playing around with the options and I honestly have picked it up faster than I thought. I guess I live on gadgets - laptops, iPods and cellphones.

No matter what I know that I have an awesome team of supporters who are helping me through this - and always have.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment