Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Countdown


Okay so there are thre more days until I start my insulin pump and I am already having mixed feelings. So, okay I have had mixed feelings about this pump since day one, but it was very important to me to just go with it and enjoy the experience.

People have been asking me if I am ready or excited and it has been a shrug of the shoulder reply. Yes I was extremely excited to have my pump delivered to me, but as far as wearing it all the time that will be the biggest deal breaker of all. I know that SO many people do it and are okay with it.

I will be blogging like crazy for the next little while because I know that every single day with the pump will be eventful. I am extremely interested to see what it is going to be like wearing it at the daycare. I am also curious to see how functional I will be after waking up every two hours to check my blood sugar. Did I mention I work 9 hour days Monday-Friday with 14 toddlers?

I went to the pharmacy today and picked up my Novarapid in a vial as well as my contour strips since I am switching from my Onetouch Mini (which will be extremely missed). Last night I was less than prepared when I ran out of long lasting insulin. I usually take 26 units at 10:30 p.m, but only had 8 units left and no extra pens. Thankfully my mom was working with a diabetic, Michael who gave me a brand new pen of Lantus! He saved the day for sure!

I think that I am ready to begin the new chapter of my life with diabetes. I am ready to show all the diabetics out there that are on the fence about insulin pumps what it is all about. I am prepared to be honest!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment