Saturday, June 12, 2010

Right Beside Me


Tomorrow is my triathlon and I can barely begin to explain how nervous I am! Just like most of the things that I jump into, I have no idea what to expect. I don't know if it is going to be super hard for me to accomplish or if I am just worrying too much.

I am not going to lie I didn't train as much as I could have for this, but with working full time and having a million other things to do I feel like time to train is very limited. I am so lucky to have one awesome girl doing this event with me and her name is Michelle Richardson!

Michelle and I met at Smittys - which was a craft store in Brantford. Ever since then we have been the best of friends. Michelle has been an awesome friend the past three years that I have known her and ever since I was diagnosed with diabetes she has been right there beside me to events and all.

Now I have many, many friends that are awesome supporters, but since Michelle is doing this triathlon with me I want to recognize her and let everyone know just how dedicated this girl is! Michelle has also participated in the Mudrun, Walk to Cure Diabetes and Beach Volleyball tournament. There are no hesitations with Michelle she is always ready to take on the challenge with me.

I honestly couldn't have asked for a better friend and I know 100% that she has my back and will always be there for me. Michelle's family has also been a great support to me as well. More than 10 of her family members will be walking with Team KK this year in memory of their grandma/mother.

So look forward to tomorrow's note with the result of our adventure at the triathlon.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment