Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monday Morning


Early Monday morning I woke up with a stomach ache around 1:30 a.m and I took Gravol thinking that it would take away my stomach ache so that I could go to sleep, for I had a midterm that day. Unfortunately about an hour and a half later, 3:00 a.m I realized the Gravol wasn't working and the pain in my stomach was only getting worse. Slowly I got out of bed, put my glasses on and went over to my desk to check my blood sugar. Before I knew it the room was spinning, I remember looking at the phone and it was just one big blur.

After that I don't recall what my motive was. I don't know if I was going to get help or if I was going to try and lay down. Either way I crashed down to the ground hitting the left side of my head off the hard door. After waking up I came running out of the room to get help. Thankfully Olivia was awake with her door open so she came to my rescue!

It was definitely scary and I am glad that Olivia was there. After checking my sugar I was at a 6 which is considered to be normal. I also checked and saw that my blood did go through my meter before I fainted which was 5.6. The scary part about that is that my sugars were completely normal yet I had this incident.

I called my mom as soon as things settled down and she immediately wanted to come get me from London and bring me to Brantford. At this time I was pretty stable so I was okay to drive home with my mom. In Brantford, my mom dropped me off at emergency and took my sister home. I was checked into emergency and stayed in a bed for about 6 hours while they ran tests. They didn't find anything wrong in my blood and my sugars were stable.

For now I am resting at home. My mom believes I have the flu and therefore I am taking sometime off school. It's really hard to be off school right now because it is a very busy week, but I know that if I am not well than there really is no point being there.

This was definitely a scare and I just have to make sure I don't let something like this stop me from achieving my dreams. I can't have fear.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment