Sunday, March 7, 2010

Buy That Bikini!



Since I will begin pump therapy soon I have started to think more about my health. I always have had an interest in fitness and eating healthy and I would say that I am pretty good at following a schedule if I put my mind to it.

On average I probably eat healthier than most people my age in college. I don't eat late night McDonald's or overindulge in chips. In fact I rarely ever eat Fast Food unless it's Subway. But it's time to narrow things down and put some more nutrition into my meals.

Being at school, it's hard to maintain eating healthy for every single meal. I don't have an oven in my suite so a lot of stuff is pretty quick and easy to make. I find that there is a lot of variety out there ;however, that you can do with a little budget and limited supplies.

At home before coming to school I made some low carb blueberry muffins. They are only 12 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fibre not to mention only 70 calories. Now, they don't taste like any muffin from Tim Horton's but they aren't too bad!

As far as fitness goes I am going to try and start running here. My friend Justine has offered to begin running since the weather is looking much better. Hopefully between running on campus and eating right I will be healthier in no time.

Going on the pump isn't the only reason that I want to get in better shape. I more so want to be happy and energetic. Confidence is beautiful and the only way that I know I can achieve that is through a healthy diet and exercises regime. Anyone can do this!

I will be sure to document my triumphs. First being, accomplishing a rocking climbing wall that I didn't think I could do. Yes, there were almost tears but I pushed myself (with a little pressure from below, Clinton) and did it. This is a fitness challenge that I took head on and accomplished. There will be many more to come.

So if you're interested try this lifestyle out with me. Push yourself! Buy that bikini you always wanted and work towards feeling confident in it. It's not about the numbers in the scale, it's about how you feel.

The pump isn't an excuse to get in shape but it's an accomplishment to works towards. The healthier I am, the better fit I will be with my pump and the more successful I will be with my diabetes.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment