Friday, February 5, 2010

Different Lows


My blood sugars have been really great the past little while. Unfortunately I went low today, 4.3 and didn't even notice. In fact the only reason I checked it was because I was about to eat lunch.

I find it weird how sometimes I notice lows so much, sometimes I know that I'm going low when my sugar is 5.1. But there are many times where I don't truly know until I am all the way down to 4!

I know that I was told before that if you get used to having lows than you will loose the ability to tell when you're going low but I rarely go low. I think that it all depends, unfortunately all experiences of lows are different, just because you were shaking last time you were 4.2 doesn't mean you will be shaking the next time you hit that number.

It's funny to think that my first low wasn't until April 2009, after being diagnosed in March. I was on my way back from the Mayan Ruins in Mexico. I have definitely had many lows since then but I feel as if I am lucky that I have been able to take care of them on my own.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment