Friday, January 1, 2010

Goals


I had a quiet New Years with Clinton last night which made managing diabetes pretty easy. We just made pizza and a few snacks and watched a couple movies, pretty low key.

I started thinking about what my New Years Resolution would be, but when I thought about it I realized that people really don't follow these silly things. I know that the gym will be absolutely packed this following week, but then the people will slowly stop going. Just like people who eat extremely healthy for a couple weeks then have one treat from McDonalds and they're off the wagon.

For me, I rather think of a goal. I set them for myself a lot. I never realized how much I did this until Clinton brought it up last night. A goal for how much money I wanted to raise for Team KK, a goal for how many hands I wanted for Helping Hands, a goal for school which led to me achieving a 4.0 and many other goals.

My goal now is to try manage my diabetes a little better. I can always improve. This disease is with me until there is a cure so it is in my hands to treat myself right and avoid the complications that haunt diabetes.

Rather than setting yourself up for doom by saying New Years resolution, maybe we should think about specific goals, we most likely set them all the time. If we just make one goal, it can lead to another, and then another and before you know it, you've achieved more than you ever knew you could. This is something I have learned.

Happy New Year!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment