Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Focus


Now that I am settled into school I am focusing on making sure I keep my blood sugars in good standings. I think that for a little bit I was more relaxed and didn't really worry too much about my sugars being higher than normal. It is really hard for me to realize just how much this disease can take over my life if I don't take care of it. But with time I am sure that it will be very known.

People always tell me the first year is the hardest. With March coming quickly, I will soon be able to say I've had diabetes for a year. A year! Can you believe it? I can't. If the first year is the hardest than I am thankful because I honestly didn't feel that this year was extremely tough, and knowing it may get better and easier is a good thing.

Besides going low a couple times since being here, assuming due to the change of schedule, my sugars have been really good!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment