Thursday, November 12, 2009

Radio City


Last night I went to the Radio City Rockette Christmas Spectacular in Hamilton. I was lucky enough to get free tickets from Anne Martin who works for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.) I decided to bring my Aunt Lisa as well as my Grandma.

The show was really great! There were a lot of neat routines and my favourite was the toy soldiers. There was a moment when I looked around and realized how much diabetes has given me. I have had so many different opportunities and experiences from this disease that if I could have prevented it and continued living the way I did, I would never want too.

It's funny how people laugh when I say diabetes is the best thing that has ever happened to me. They think that I am insane and that I am just making excuses because I got it and there is nothing I can do about it. But they're wrong. I can do something about diabetes. Of course I can't get rid of it right now but I can work with it and it works with me. I think of diabetes as a part of me but I am in control.

It's just amazing. It's nice to just take a minute and be thankful for what you have. I don't do it often enough. I don't think anyone does it often enough. So take this opportunity, before continuing on with this note take a minute remind yourself what you have.

I hope that you took the time. I know I did. It's easy to forget how much we have and looking around the Copps Coliseum last night watching the show it hit me.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment