Thursday, November 5, 2009

Not Average


Today was one of the first times that I skipped having lunch and also had a late supper. At first I thought it would be a big challenge but my blood sugars worked with me well throughout the day.

Today, I took my sister to see Justin Bieber. We thought we would just have to show up at 10 a.m get a wrist band then come back for 4 p.m to see him; however this wasn't the case. Instead we showed up at 9 a.m then waited in line outside from then till about 5:30 p.m. It rained, hailed, snowed and the temperature had to be only 3 degrees Celsius.

Fortunately we brought some snacks but unfortunately we didn't bring mittens, blankets or hats. Abby only had a sweater on and I was just wearing a pretty thin coat. So we were freezing!

My blood sugars stayed pretty normal throughout the day, and I think it is because of the snacks that we had while we waited, by the time we ate supper about 7 p.m my blood sugar was 9, which is good considering I had no supper and only snacked throughout the day.

Overall I really learned that nothing can hold back a diabetic. There is no reason why we can't do something that other people can do, and it's all about experimenting. Checking your sugar is probably the most important thing when dealing with a day that may seem unsure or not average. It worked for me, so I know it can work for anyone else.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment