Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beauty


Not to long ago I felt alone. I didn't know anyone with type 1 diabetes, well at least I thought I didn't know anyone and I truly felt like nothing could get worse at that point in my life. I had a rough year and with a combination of stress and regret I was feeling much like a rock, cold and boring.

I truly didn't realize my own beauty until I was diagnosed. I realized that we care so much about what we look like, but we don't focus on how we feel inside as much. We rather focus on our $80 hair do's than the results from our last physical. We blow off minor stomach aches, head aches or pains not thinking that it could be much more serious but god for bid if our makeup smudges and we would definatly run to the bathroom to correct it.


There are always going to be the days that we feel less than perfect. Our jeans may be a little too tight, our hair may not fall into place or maybe one of those big, fat pimples turned up last night. But t
ruth is, we will have this body for the rest of our time here and if we don't take care of it now, it's defiantly not going to be in a good shape later on.

Diabetes won't take away from your beauty, it will only enhance it. You choose who you want to be, you take what you are given and make it beautiful or turn it ugly. It's up to you. I choose beauty. I want to show the world that this disease isn't ugly. It's made me beautiful inside and out.

Kayla




No comments:

Post a Comment