Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cherish Everyday


This past week my diabetes was put to the test. I began working a full time week, 8:30-5:30 at the daycare. I really enjoyed spending time there, and working with the children but it sure does mix up my schedule. I went about this just as I normally would go about anything that I come across. I let the first day be the test, and improve from there on.

I felt so sick, I was tired, my vision was bad, my sugar was high and I had no motivation for the first couple days. The change of schedule, once easily done, now was a struggle and challenge. By the end of the week, I felt good, I wasn't drowsy and my sugars managed to stay within range. I knew that with anything I'll have to get used to the changes and try to help my blood sugars along the way.

Soon as I get into a new schedule at school, I know that these feelings will happen again but unlike before I am aware of the way my body deals with this type of thing and therefore I can better understand and prevent it from happening.

Life will have so many different obstacles for you to climb and jump through. You may feel like something is impossible or just too much work but nothing is impossible. With hard work and dedication you can learn how to better yourself and improve your life. Every moment since having diabetes, I've cherished every day. I take opportunities and turn them into lessons.


Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment