Saturday, May 23, 2009

Accomplish & Achieve


For some reason in two short months I've managed to accomplish and achieve more success than I have felt in the past eighteen years of my life. It seems every day something new and exciting arises and gives me more drive and ambition to push harder and think bigger. I must admit that this great motivation comes from many different people in my life and I think that is what makes the success and accomplishments that much more outstanding.

It's amazing the great people you meet and learn about when being diagnosed with diabetes. It seems that there are so many amazing people out there that many of us don't get to meet in a lifetime and that's a shame. The opportunities that have been brought upon me and the experiences that I have now gone through really have changed the person that I am today.

Life seems to give us life lessons in the weirdest ways. We think that we are just being taken for a whirl, going through bad luck or that we are doomed to fail but really are these just opportunies to help us succeed? I know so many people who say
, "wow diabetes, that sucks," are thinking of the pain I must go through giving myself needles, pricking my finger, the upset of having to watch my carbs and monitor myself. If only they could truly know that diabetes isn't a death sentence, it's another chance to look at the world in a different light.


Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment