Friday, April 17, 2009

A Personal Embellishment


I am going on VACATION for a week.

I can remember in the hospital, I was upset that I wouldn't be able to deal with this on a cruise, and the doctors kept saying, "Kayla by that time, you will be a whiz." I always thought to myself, "Ya right," But really, I am prepared, I am confident that I can do anything whether it be on a cruise, in the middle of nowhere, at a friends, where I go, Diabetes follows and I am ready for that.

I am super excited to just get away, I have packed most of my stuff, and with having all the extra stuff my luggage is massive. Let's not mention the 100 000 shirts I packed. The past two days have been a bit of a scramble, I felt sick on Wednesday, and I worked today. On Wednesday I woke up at about 4 a.m feeling super weird, it was hard to explain but it was just the weirdest feeling ever. So I thought I was having my first low, but nope, just a weird feeling, pretty normal blood sugar. Today I worked, and we were outside for most of the day, it was pretty decent.

My blood sugars have been alright, still high mostly, which is a tad annoying but I am glad that it's becoming a routine now instead of a chore.

As some of you know, I love doing scrap booking, and I pretty much scrapbook everything. So of course I decided that I was going to scrapbook my experience with diabetes, in the hospital, the walk, everything. I had already collected stickers mostly hospital stickers but I told Clinton that I wish there was a sticker of a meter! GUESS WHAT, he did in his art class he made me a meter with some material he found in his art class, it even has s sticky back so I can put it on a page. It was so adorable!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment