Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baking For Friends


The long weekend was pretty good. On Monday, Clinton & I just hung around and watched movies, but I had this sudden urge to bake something! I used to bake all the time, pretty much four + times a week. Cookies, cupcakes, squares, brownies, the list goes on. But after being diagnosed I put that aside and focused on what I could eat and what I needed to do in order to get on track with healthy eating. But I wanted to bake so bad, so having this urge, I decided to get out the cook books and find something that I can make.

Clinton always loves to bake with me, so together we decided on Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes, although I wouldn't be trying one of these [ Eventually I will be able to try these things no problem, but my sugar is still high] they looked like they would be good. Apparently they were good, everyone seemed to enjoy them and even though there was no licking the bowl or picking at the cupcakes I had a lot of fun baking them with Clinton.

Other than that, I didn't do much! I was a little grumpy yesterday but I blame that on my high sugar. Today, I saw my Diabetic nurse, and she focused the session on me going away on Saturday. There will be tons of food on the ship, and she is preparing me for that. I will be on a carb to insulin ratio rather than a set unit per meal.
I am very excited to go on my cruise! Having this little add on will be interesting but it will be a good experience. First vacation with Diabetes !

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment